Saturday, August 31, 2024

Planning Task 7 : Website Homepage and Linked Page

 

This is my design for my header on the homepage of my website. I have included the title of my magazine, which will be written in the same font as the masthead on all my magazine editions. This will create a sense of familiarity for my readers. Secondly, I will include hyperlinks so my users will have a clear and easy way to access the sections that they are wanting to read, without having to scroll all through. The simplicity behind the homepage should be more engaging for my readers as they will not struggle to find what they are looking for, giving a higher chance of my website to be used. In addition to this, by incorporating the same fonts and choice of images, readers will clearly see the similarities between my hard copy editions and my website. 

What content will be on your homepage and linked page?

For my homepage and linked pages I will use articles that will be used in my magazine editions. This will be include:

  • How to get your career started in drum and bass
  • Locations to practice making your own drum and bass mixes
  • Upcoming events 
  • Introducing upcoming artists                                                                                                                

Although I will use some articles which will be seen in my magazines, I will make sure to vary my content between each platforms. This could be by using different artists, but also by using completely new topics, for example 'mix of the week' and links to Spotify that readers will be able to access easily through my website. 

3. What original audio or audio-visual content will be included on your website?

I will be including audio-visual content on my website. This will be an interview between me and an upcoming star in the drum and bass industry. In this interview, I will include the struggles that the artist (Maggie) has faced while starting her career but also the positives and opportunities in which this job has given her. In order to do this I will write a script covering all the most popular topics, to gain this information of topics that should be covered, I will ask my target audience 16-25 year olds what they would most likely to see within this interview, just as I did when discerning which type of genre I should focus on at the beginning of making my magazine. Furthermore, as I have shown in the mockup of my second edition's front page, Maggie will be the main focus of the magazine, once again creating familiarity between my magazine and website. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Planning Task 8 : Photography Planning

For my front cover on one of the magazines, my friends Maggie and Ruby are letting me take photos of them to capture a cool and eye-catching...